Quantitative Analyst Intern will be working closely with internal groups to put together quantitative models
and strategies for the firm’s portfolios. He or she will gain an in-depth understanding of alpha research
as well as development and implementation strategies.
Typical tools used in the research process will include time-series and cross-sectional statistics, econometrics, optimization techniques, and stochastic simulation.
Quantitative Analyst Intern will work with massive amounts of historical and real-time market data from many global exchanges; will help with development of back-testing and also development framework; will construct quantitative optimization methods; will experiment with advanced data science methods such as deep learning.
Required Basic Qualifications
- Currently pursuing university degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, or related field.
- Strong interest in financial markets, trading, data analysis.
- English level - upper-intermediate.
- Unlimited learning abilities.
- Excellent skills in Python (and its related libraries such as pandas, numpy), MATLAB, or R.
- Proficient with at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Perl (other languages may also be considered).
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Experience working with exchange market data feeds or experience working in the trading firm, broker-dealer, exchange, or a trading systems development company environment is a huge plus Windows-based development experience (such as .NET) in addition to Linux is a big plus.